Broome Sunrise

by Cellobella on Friday, March 14, 2008

The sun rises this morning over Roebuck Bay. I look out from in front of the apartments I’m staying in, over the mangroves. The grass is wet and my crocs (oh I know – just as bad as uggys) let the water in to my feet.

The air is warm and wet, heavy and still. It is about 26 degrees and only just 7am.

I walk across the grass, get into my little hire car and go to work.

Another day in the Kimberley.

Simone March 14, 2008 at 10:32 pm

Nice! Jealous!

I lived 200kms south of there for 10 months when I was 9. We went up to Broome for shopping every 2 or so weeks.
I’ve only been back once, in 2000, while backpacking. Want to do a roadtrip up there sometime.

Cellobella March 14, 2008 at 11:06 pm

Yeah we did the road trip in 1994. That was the last time I was in Broome. It’s a brilliant trip – especially if you do the Gibb River Road. :)

Kelley March 15, 2008 at 9:45 am

So seriously, you mention the unmentionables *shudder* to get rid of me or you want me to come over there and beat you around the head with them?

I am hoping it is the latter…

Simone March 15, 2008 at 11:03 am

Yes, would love to include Gibb River Road!

Colin Campbell March 15, 2008 at 11:45 am

We are in day 13 of above 35 degree weather, a new national record, which we have taken over from Perth. Anticipated to be sixteen days in total. So hot that it is debilitating. Bring on some rain.

Cellobella March 15, 2008 at 1:51 pm

Yes your heatwave has made the news nationally Colin. Heatwaves have caused more deaths than any other natural disaster in Australia and Adelaide has had two of the most deadly.

I hope we’re not going to see similar statistics this time. :(

And Kelley – I did think twice about mentioning them knowing your feelings but I figured you might still be in a resilient mood given your recent birthday (happies for that btw). They are Mary Janes if that makes any difference… no? Thought not. :)

Babyamore (Trish) March 15, 2008 at 9:12 pm

Glorious -I am so envious – I want to see Broome one day.

Those Crocs just don’t seem that comfy to me either…trust Kelley to have her radar set to catch any one mentioning them.

The weather has been crazy the last few months – I am so glad I don’t live in SA.

My Little Drummer boys