My husband is a woman!

by Cellobella on Monday, December 10, 2007

We were discussing traditional roles today and we decided that in fact Groover is a woman and I – or at least – apart from the grunting, screaming childbirth thang – I am a man.

Let us review the evidence together:

Groover loves cooking, can keep a fantastic house, makes the bed like a nurse, disciplines the kids, manages the money and irons beautifully.

Whereas I, well I don’t really excel at any of that but I do play Set – a brilliant game based on spatial relationships which everyone knows is a blokey attribute.

Ipso facto: I am the bloke.

Only one piece of evidence stands out as proof of my femininity! I’m the one who ALWAYS organises the babysitter!

Back in your box Groover! Oh and while you’re there… would you mind ironing this?

Kin December 11, 2007 at 1:33 am

Ha, it sounds like our house. Apart from the fact I do all the cleaning, Hubby does most of the cooking, and is constantly stealing my recipe magazines before I get a chance to read them.

He is quite capable of washing and cleaning, just lazy ;) But he’s getting lots of practice because I’m getting to the point of being physically incapable of doing much.

If you’re feeling up to it I’ve tagged you for a meme too: http://kinshome.blogspot.com/2007/12/blogging-update.html

JO-N December 11, 2007 at 11:05 am

First time here and was captured by your title. Haha. You’ve got a good husband there. Most Asian husband don’t do housework.

WorksForMom December 11, 2007 at 12:35 pm

Oh you’re CLEVER. I’m so with you. I think I’m more mechanically swift than my engineering husband is.

You totally had me at back in the box grover. Ha!

Cellobella December 11, 2007 at 6:39 pm

Kin – I just hand the cooking mags straight to the groovy one!

Jo-n – yes he is good but only does housework if we’re doing it together!

WFM – I bet you are – my dad’s an engineer so I speak from experience… he’s certainly not electronically swift!

Tracee Sioux December 30, 2007 at 12:31 pm

My hubby does the dishes – hurray!

Marcia Robinson June 9, 2008 at 3:31 am

You are lucky!

I too am married to an engineer, but do all the fixing around the house or manage the contractors who do.

My husband has “feminized” a bit over the years since he works at home. He cooks, but brings a very “scientific” approach to the kitchen. His favorite kitchen gadget? The timer. He has figured out the exact cooking time and temperature for a variety of legumes.

He hasn’t developed the female’s “softer” side of making a meal – no blending of flavors, no consideration for what goes well with what.

Our daughter is working on him though.

Marcie